The Nyoongar Patrol Outreach Service is a community based service that deals with social and welfare issues within the funded locations of Burswood, Fremantle, Midland, Northbridge, the Northern Corridor, the South-Eastern Corridor and Vincent.
The purposes of the Nyoongar Patrol is to provide early street level interventions to local and remote Indigenous people frequenting public spaces in nominated locations. The target groups are people at risk of coming into contact with the criminal justice system due to various social and welfare issues.
• To provide patrol services with partner Councils and Agencies to increase safety and harmony for ALL members of the community.
• To engage and refer people (in Patrol target areas) to the relevant agencies and/or implement diversionary or safety measures.
• To promote partnership and co-operation with other organisations to ensure appropriate, effective responses in service provisions.
• To maintain the strong reputation of the patrol and enhancing respect for the Aboriginal community.
• To remain a strong viable organisation.