A BRIEF HISTORY
The Nyoongar Patrol Systems Inc. was established in 1998 and incorporated in 2001. The service was initiated by a group of Aboriginal people, government and non-government agencies with a vision of providing cultural appropriate services to young unsupervised people who were at risk of moral dangers and coming into contact with the criminal justice system. The services focused only in the night precinct of Northbridge, it has, over the years, grown to include the further three suburbs of Vincent, Fremantle and Midland.
It is the only night and day Indigenous patrol services that provides outreach support outside the traditional working hours to the nominated locations in the Perth metropolitan area.
NYOONGAR PATROL ACTIVITIES
• We prevent and resolve conflicts in public spaces
• We provide diversionary transport services
• We provide information and referrals to appropriate agencies to assist with unmet social needs
• We provide specific support to people who are homeless for long term solutions
• We link up and provide input with youth agencies to enable young people improved access to constructive activities
• We participate in local government community safety plans as to provide informed Aboriginal perspective to safety strategies
• We be an active participant in the Northbridge Youth Strategy Policy